Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Mothers day as a mother


I have always been a gift person , not taking :P but a gift giving person.

I enjoy cracking my brain and coming up with creative gift ideas..trying to figure out what they could want , what i can gift that can b useful, what can be a lifetime memory, what is it i can make by myself...and i take great  delight when i see smiles flashing when i give away the thought n love i put into these gifts.

Mothers day has been one such occasion when all of my brain has always been put to use more than i would have used it to do an experiment right in the science lab all year :).

I loved giving my mother flowers , hand made cards , collecting every coin from here and there all year to be able to buy her a outfit (my mother loves clothes like every other lovely woman).
I still remember maybe 14 years back me and my brother collected 1800 rs and requested moms friend to buy her a nice dress 1800 was huge then and my brother and me saved all year for it.

but they say you can never give back a mother enough for what she has done for you.

This mothers day is different because it is also my first mothers day as a mother. 

Although i always knew the saying was true but now i know that i really can never give back my mother enough for what she has been to me.
I am overwhelmed imagining all that my mother must have gone through raising me up as i am learning to be a mother myself.
(and not to forget a special mention to pampers that weren't a popular option back then :P, her nights and days of changing nappies but thank god  for pampers :D ..however what a mother does for you cannot be listed ever its endless)

What i feel today i could have never felt it without holding my baby in my arms, but luckily enough i was born a woman and i have been able to realize even deeper value of my mother (A man can also feel lucky if he can understand what his mother has been to him seeing his wife raise his child)
...a mother is precious and what she does for you is priceless.

Standing in a mothers shoe i imagine what is it that i want as a gift from my baby, all i want is my baby's safety happiness success and a hug from my child.

So this mothers day i just gifted my mother words of gratitude.

I feel sorry for having hurt her...for fighting with her ...for bringing tears in her eyes... for crushing her heart every time i got hurt... for not making her understand things before i went ahead and did things she warned me against...for thinking that she did not love me enough... but i know i could only be so open to my mother because she is my mother...n most of all i want to thank her for having the big heart that god only blesses mothers with, for loving me with all her might.

This goes out to every mother who is spending sleepless nights doing n thinking about their children,to every mother who is living a little less to do the best for her child ,to every mother who is endlessly working without pay and without rest to run her family with comfort....i could go on but i cant because it will never end..and no one on this earth is stronger than a mother.

THANK YOU MOTHERS for being what you are AND Thank you god for providing them the strength.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to every Mom


11 comments:

  1. Awesome writeup.......God bless u tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice .... after reading your article I called up my mom to say I love her very much :(

    Keep writing nice blogs .... all s best

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey tannu di... aapne mummyji aur mujhe rula diya yeh padhte padhte... speechless... got nothing to say... awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. good one tanu...keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice 1....loved reading this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww!! Love the write up...

    Mothers are indeed incredible.

    ReplyDelete